Guidance on dealing with COVID-19 for health professionals
This information contains links to some key resources on COVID-19 for health professionals working on the cancer care pathways.
It includes websites and resources from charities, medical think tanks, medical colleges and key organisations in the NHS. If you are unable to find any resources you need on cancer care during COVID, please contact us via our business office.
- Coronavirus guidance for clinicians and NHS managers source
- Guidance on cancer care and services during COVID source
- Urgent cancer diagnostic services during COVID (Jan 2021) source
- Cancer services recovery plan (Dec 2020) source
- Good communication with patients source
- Third phase of NHS response to COVID source
- Children and young people with palliative and end of life care needs who are cared for in a community setting (home and hospice) during the COVID-19 pandemic: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) standard operating procedure source (25.06.20)
- Healthcare associated COVID-19 infections - further action source (24.06.20)
- Clinical guide to surgical prioritisation during the coronavirus pandemic source (10.06.20).
- Standard operating procedure (SOP) for general practice in the context of coronavirus (COVID-19) source
- Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service: Early Cancer Diagnosis Guidance (March 2020): source
- Letter to Cancer Alliances -advice to local systems on maintenance of cancer treatment during COVID-19 response (April 2020): source
- Specialty Guide for Endoscopy: source
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: delivery of systemic anticancer treatments: source
- E-learning programme - free resources available, created in response to COVID-19, including modules on service guidance, PPE and key resources for healthcare professionals according to role.
British Medical Association:
- Guidance for doctors on the impact of coronavirus on your work, training, education, and wellbeing as a medical professional.
British Society of Gastroenterology
- General advice on COVID-19 - including advice for staff working in endoscopy and advice on vaccination of clinically extremely vulnerable patients
British Association of Dermatologists
- Guidance on COVID-19 accessible via the homepage
British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Advice for urologists,carers and families during the COVID-19 pandemic
British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- Really helpful resources on gynaecological cancers including COVID-19 resources and care of patients with gynaecological cancers during the pandemic
- BGCS framework for care of patients with gynaecological cancer during the COVID-19 Pandemic: source
- Guidance for ENT during the COVID-19 pandemic: source
Royal College of Radiologists
- Cancer Research UK: source
- Macmillan: guidance for people with cancer during COVID-19 source
- Macmillan: information for health professionals (resources for primary care, well-being support for health professionals, dealing with difficult conversations etc.)
- Teenage Cancer Trust: source
- Shine Cancer Support have produced a pack of resources to support young adults in their 20s, 30sand 40s with cancer.
- Clinical guide for triaging patients with lower gastrointestinal symptoms
- Colorectal pathway during COVID-19 (flowchart)
- East of England Guideline for the Referral and Prioritisation of Patients with Gastrointestinal Symptoms During COVID Recovery
- FIT high risk symptomatic post NHSE guidance external briefing final (16 April 2020) - CRUK