Anglia Gynaecological NCG
The Anglia NCG for gynaecology is a multi-disciplinary group comprising of healthcare professionals from Acute Hospital Trusts and Primary Care, together with lay representatives, all of whom have an interest in gynaecological cancers.
The Anglia Gynaecology Network Group is one of three groups who advise the East of England Cancer Alliance and we work closely with those other two groups (Essex and Herts & Beds).
The Cancer Alliance itself covers all six Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) that cover the geographic area of the East of England. The Anglia Network Group covers all of the Cambridge & Peterborough, Norfolk & Waveney STPs and part of the Suffolk & NE Essex and Bedford, Luton & Milton Keynes STPs. The Acute Hospital Trusts represented by the Anglia Network Group include Addenbrooke’s, Bedford, Hinchingbrooke, James Paget, Norfolk & Norwich, Peterborough City, Queen Elizabeth and West Suffolk Hospitals.
The Network Group meets every six months at a central location.
The aims of the group are
• To ensure that patients in the region receive top quality and equitable care for their condition
• To promote value-based care
• To work with the Alliance and national bodies such the British Gynaecological Cancer Society to implement national guidelines and initiatives
• To maximise recruitment into clinical trials and encourage involvement in research
• To inform and promote new developments within the group
• To carry out relevant audits and review of services
• To allow networking across different localities and specialities to highlight best practice
• To hear the views and concerns of members, including patient representatives and charities
• To provide education
In addition the group, in conjunction with the other two groups organises an Annual Educational Day with local and nationally invited speakers to update and inform everyone of new developments within gynaecological cancers
Please follow the links to our regional guidance documents:
ACN Cervical Cancer Guidelines (amended 2019)
ACN Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, Primary Peritoneal Guidelines 2018
ACN Gynae Combined Guidelines (July 2019)
BGCS Endometrial Guidelines 2017
BGCS Ovarian Guidelines 2017
Cervical cancer Cambridge consensus_for Network
Ovarian cancer Cambridge consensus summary for Network
Vulval cancer Cambridge consensus consensus summary for Network
Uterine cancer consensus for Network