Cancer Alliances bring together clinical and other senior leaders clinicians, patients and other leaders
locally across a defined geography to:
- plan for and lead the delivery of the Independent Cancer Taskforce’s ambitions locally; and
- reduce variation in outcomes and in access to high quality, evidence-based interventions across whole pathways and for the Alliance’s whole population.
The East of England Cancer Alliance is 1 of 16 Cancer Alliances and 1 Vanguard across England and is geographically the largest Alliance footprint with a population of 6.3 million, spanning 6 STPs, 21 CCGs, 20 acute trusts.
We lead the local delivery of the Independent Cancer Taskforce’s ambitions for improving services, care and outcomes for everyone with cancer. So, by 2020:
- Fewer people will get preventable cancers.
- More people will survive for longer after a diagnosis.
- More people will have a positive experience of care.
- More people will have a better, long-term quality of life.
These are NHS England's values
- Respect & dignity
- Commitment to quality of care
- Improving lives
- Working together for patients
- Everyone counts