Multi Diagnostic Clinics (MDC)
Joint funding from the Cancer Alliance and Macmillan has enabled the development of three multi diagnostic clinics (MDC) pilot projects in 2017:
- NHS Ipswich and East CCG and Ipswich Healthcare NHS Trust
- NHS Mid Essex CCG and Mid Essex Hospital NHS Trust and;
- NHS East and North Hertfordshire CCG and East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trusts
The pilot sites’ aims are to:
Develop the shortest and safest route to cancer diagnosis particularly for patients with non-specific, vague symptoms.
- Provide a rapid route to diagnostics tests for patients with non-specific, vague symptoms which are of a concern to the GP.
- Offer a more supportive route for patients to be seen other than the emergency route.
- Support evaluation of patient experience and GP satisfaction as part of an effective and efficient service improvement model for wider adoption and spread across the East of England.