The Anglia Lung NCG is one of three clinical groups advising the East of England Cancer Alliance. It works closely with the other two Lung Cancer groups covering Essex and Herts & Beds.
The Anglia group covers all of the Cambridge & Peterborough and Norfolk & Waveney STPs and part of the Suffolk & NE Essex and Bedford, Luton & Milton Keynes STPs.
The group is multidisciplinary, comprising of Healthcare Professionals from Acute Trusts within the STP area together with Primary Care and Lay representation. It meets every six months usually in May and November at a central location.
The aims of the group are
- To ensure that patients in the region receive top quality and equitable care for their condition
- To work with the Alliance and national bodies such NHS England Lung Cancer Clinical Expert Group to implement initiatives which will improve services for patients and carers such as the National Optimal Lung Cancer pathway (NOLCP)
- To inform and promote new developments within the group
- To allow networking across different localities and specialities to highlight best practice
- To hear the views and concerns of members – especially Lay members
- To promote audit, education and research
In addition the group, in conjunction with the other two groups organises an Annual Educational Day (normally after the November meeting) with local and nationally invited speakers to update and inform everyone of new developments within Lung Cancer and other Thoracic Malignancies